I have been writing for more than 1/2 a year (again). Well, truth been told, I’ve been writing for almost my whole life. I am 33. That’s a lot of years. But, I have not consistently been someone updating my blog (depending on what you consider consistent)…or even someone with a consistent personality or steady life online.
However, in the last couple of weeks, I’ve been doing a bunch of self-reflection…who am I? Why am I here (here online), and how can I make my life and my FUTURE better?
Maybe I’ve struck my own personal chord. Maybe I’ve finally reached my limit of lack of direction. I feel good. I feel like I know where I am going, or at least where I am heading…I am heading towards happiness.
On this journey, I am joyful for those that have encourage me prior to this clarity and for those who are supporting me now…
Some of this support is through BLOG AWARDS that I have recently been…well, awarded.
From The Princess Jenn, most recently…
The aims of this award:
• As a dedication for those who love blogging activity and love to encourage friendships through blogging.
• To seek the reasons why we all love blogging!
Here are the rules of the award:
• Put the award in one post as soon as you receive it.
• Don’t forget to mention the person who gives you the award.
• Answer the award’s question by writing the reason why you love blogging.
• Tag and distribute the award to as many people as you like.
• Don’t forget to notify the award receivers and put their links in your post.
Ahhhhh…The Princess Jenn. At one point in my life, the larger than life personality with whom I was afraid to enter into a tiny chat convo. A host of the Blog Her At Home event this past summer, at which I discovered some of besties and at which I discovered so much more about myself. I was home, a mom, a chick and ALONE. But, after meeting the most amazing women EVAH, I am no longer alone. And also more confident online AND IRL. Thank you, Princess Jenn, for being there for just BEING.
Why do I love blogging? Because I love words. Because I love to write. Because in some way I guess I am an exhibitionist of life. Because I want someone to validate my existence. Because I am afraid of being alone. Because I have found so much camaraderie here on the web, yo. Because on here, I am The Mommy FCUKING Tsunami. And that’s the coolest I’ve ever been.
To whom I bestow the honor of this award: I do not bestow easily.
@MasMom of JadedPerspective. Because I don’t know too many people that are as honest and open about their life as is she.
@MochaDad of MochaDad. Because I envy his consistency and his social activism in making blogging a tool for making a better life. At least, that’s what he is to me. He is an inspiration of positivity.
From @KnowMeLoveME from Chantelligence.com
“This award is bestowed on to blogs that are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers.
Deliver this award to eight some bloggers who must choose eight some more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.”
Those who deserve the friend award:
@PrincessJenn of Princess Prose. Because this woman is amazing. Brazenly honest, truly a woman of integrity. I am honored to know her.
@dadunmasked from DadUnmasked. Because this dude is cool as shit. He really just is himself and is there when you *ahem, I* need him.
From Angelia_t and PaciGraveyard
Honest Scrappers Blog
Here’s how it works: 1. Present this award to 7 some others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design or those who have encouraged you. 2. Tell those people they’ve been awarded the HONEST SCRAP AWARD and inform them of these guidelines in receiving the award. 3. Share “10 honest things” about yourself.
Oh. crap. Here we go…TEN HONEST THINGS ABOUT MYSELF…
1. I have spent a lot of my life worrying about what other people think about me. The other day, a co-worker of mine stated that after he figured out how much of his life he spent commuting, that he realized he had spent 1 FULL month of his life in his car (out of the last two years). Yeah. It sucks. But, I could probably do the same formula to figure out that I’ve done the same thing with worrying. But, no longer.
2. I desperately want to be a leader. I don’t mean president, or a manager, or an administrator or ANYTHING like that…I mean a social activist. An inspiration. A visionary. I. love. the. underdog. One day I will champion a cause.
3. I have a hard time believing I am special. To anyone. Minus my children. I know that I matter to them because they were made in my womb. That makes me the bomb, hands down…at least to them.
4. I want to be in LOVE. Real, real love. I think I know I have a soulmate.
5. I’ve never had a huge circle of friends (girlfriends). At least until now. Until twitter and blogging. And I’m not ashamed of that. Because I am the most myself with you all and the most I’ve been accepted since…well, since I can remember.
6. I rock the boat. Too much sometimes. That can cause a HUGE issue for me, with work relationships and especially AUTHORITY *cough, bosses, cough*.
7. I don’t have great follow through. I KNOW! So HARD to BELIEVE! <end sarcasm />
8. I spend a lot of time worrying about failing.
9. I am writing more every day/week/month. I am currently TRYING to write a screenplay and I have an idea for a book. It’s hot. Trust me. And I think I’ll Nia Vardalos the screenplay and just play the lead role myself.
10. I am the creator of Intentional Happiness 365. It’s been a complete week as of right now. And, I kid you not, it’s WORKING.
@TheRealBecks from Life Out of Focus. She’s REALLY hot. Like…wait a minute…DAMN! She’s been awarded this already!
@SWilderTaylor of Baby On Bored. Ok. This woman doesn’t even KNOW that I exist. But I find her to be amazing. BRUTALLY honest. Honestly funny. She also has twins (which makes her have a superwomb, like me) and cracks jokes about having 84 children (much like I do also). Anyway, she’s cool. Her stories show that she’s not afraid of being metaphorically naked in front of her audience. And I like writers that aren’t afraid of nudity. Did I mention she probably has NO IDEA that I exist? But, that’s cool. She influences me.
@angelia_t from Mommy Needs Meds. DAMMIT!! She’s been awarded this also. However, she’s honest about her life and what she deals with on a daily basis. Okay. She blogs when she can. But WHEN she blogs…watch out! *wink, wink*