I know that in such hard economic times, it has been very easy to remember what I am *missing* in life.
But, I am going to be thankful today for some things that are definitely *not missing* in my life.
Please comment--add on to this list. It is always good to hear the nice stuff from other people. And, while we may not know each other IRL, it's good to know that, no matter how crazy our blogging stories may be, there is still something to be thankful for...even it's small...
I am thankful for:
- The way my boys want to pray at dinner time. It's never mom or dad initiated. And usually Mama's Boy wants to say the prayer and it goes something like this, "Dear God, Thank you for my friends. And my mom. And my dad. And my brothers. All of them. And thank you for the candy the teacher gave me today at school. I REALLY like candy. Amen."
- The fact that I have four healthy sons.
- My job. It may annoy me sometimes, but I love the company I work for, the people I work with and the customers that I am there to serve.
- My dh's job. Thank God for the railroad, unions and seniority. The trains may stop traffic for too long, the union may be self-serving and seniority may be what's keeping him on call 24-7, but together they are keeping a roof over our heads, food on our table and a tiny, tiny, tiny bit of money in the bank. Tiny. Miniscule.
- The relationship that women have, when it comes right down to it. We know each other's heart break, sorrow, laughter and tears, pains and joys. We can say it to each other in a smile. We can see it in the tears that well up in each others' eyes. We might have only known each other minutes, but when we make that "sister" connection, it feels like millenniums.
- Baby dancing. Seriously, nothing is funnier to see right now...not funnIER or funnER (LOL, I know...more fun) than watching the twins bust a move. Cheeks does this shoulder shimmy/shake. Chops gets low, bent knees and all...he looks like he is surfing! Cracks me up. I gotta get that on tape.
- Love. I am thankful for my honey. It's taken us a long time to get where we are today. Painfully long time. Struggling long time. But man, is it worth it.