Okay, so I have been on this blogspot for over a month now. And some days are better than others...I can post four days in a row and then go four days before posting again. It's sad. I am unable to focus, set aside a specific time...make a REAL SERIOUS commitment. I want to though. It's just...well, I have adult onset ADHD.
I am a technology junkie. I have an email account with yahoo, gmail, three .macs, hotmail...I am on myspace, I tried a blogger account before (so I have two), I can be found on aim, yahoo messenger, msn messenger, iChat, Skype...so, as you can see, I am some sort of a communication junkie. All places to communicate on the spot. All places that, if you are online, someone can give you nudge and say, "hey, I am here...I can see you are here too...so let's communicate!!" Not here though...it requires me coming here. Sitting down. Composing, belly up to the computer. Trusting my fingers to get the words right...to entertain the crowds.
My gf is very good at this. She writes consistently. She had an entertaining post the other day. She wanted it to be six things about herself that she wanted to share with her readers. She ended up writing 100 things about herself. I thought that was cool. I think maybe I'll try it...not 100, though...maybe just 25. (...ya know, the ADHD...)
1. I am 30 years old...I anticipated this birthday for two years (good anticipation...I LOVE being 30!).
2. I am the oldest sister of four girls...and I am a typical oldest child.
3. I skipped the third grade...and whatever you learn in the third grade must have something to do with adverbs and adjectives, because afterwards, that was my weakest link for years to come in school.
4. I stole about thirty dollars worth of candy bars from this girl on the cheerleading team when I was in seventh grade...because the "cool" girls told me too...and I DESPERATELY wanted to be their friend and impress them.
5. I suffered deeply for said theivery...
6. The nun that was my principal for grammar school made me write my full name one hundred times because I liked to go by my nickname...
7. The majority of the boys that I had a crush on in middle school didn't even know I existed.
8. I didn't have my first real boyfriend until I was a senior in high school.
9. I was a caddy growing up...for most of my high school career...and in fact, I earned a caddy scholarship to go to college (yes, like the one in caddyshack).
10. I saw WAY TOO MUCH violence growing up...the violence between my mom and my sperm donor.
11. I had to grow out of my own violent temper.
12. My last name has changed twice since I was born.
13. I was made fun of for most of my life...for glasses, for a bad complexion, for really curly hair, for being a little chubby, for being a nerd, for being different...
14. I grew up with a Polish mom and a white looking sister and didn't really realize that I was a Latina until I went to college.
15. I did really poorly my first quarter of college because of #14 (identity crisis?).
16. I am a very passionate person...whatever I feel, I feel very deeply and intensely...
17. I am a musical person, despite the fact that I do not play any instruments.
18. In another life, I am a b-girl.
19. In another life, I joined the peace corps and worked in africa and latin america.
20. When I retire from education, I want to seek out work with Amnesty Inernational or a similar organization.
21. I work in education...I was a teacher, but now I am the Director of Instruction.
22. My husband, who I married when I was 24, was the computer tech at the middle school I used to teach at.
23. I had my first son (B-boy) when I was 25.
24. I had my second son (Crash) when I was 27.
25. I like trying to have my cake and eat it too...
Hey...I did it!!!! YAY!!! But wait...a couple more things...oh, well...maybe later??? If anyone's even out there reading this...
~A wild ADHD thing